While composing my last two postings, I realised the limitation of the default text editor of Blogger/Blogspot. Even though it offers direct HTML editing, it still lacks WYSIWYG based features. Googling for "online HTML editor" reveled two useful free online HTML editors -
- Basic HTML editor: http://www.lissaexplains.com/htmlarea/htmleditor.shtml
- Offers basic WYSIWYG functionalities.
- Advanced HTML editor: http://fslactivities.sd61.bc.ca/ezHTMLarea/index3.html
- Offers advanced features like in-built Java based FTP client.
- Different font styles and formatting, like superscripting/subscripting.
- Multiple levels of undo/redo.
Using any of the above editors, all I had to do was copy-paste the generated HTML code in the blogger post HTML-editing window. Now I need to find a similar online editor which can directly send my postings to my Blogger/Blogspot account - a feature that is available in Word 2007 (currently in beta).