Thursday, September 04, 2008

Strange Errors in Excel

I Came across a very strange error message in Excel 2003 - "Your entry cannot be used. An integer or decimal number may be required" This message appeared whenever I tried changing font size in a cell/sheet or when tried moving from one tab to any other tab in Options window.

Eventually, it turned out that this issue was the result of missing Decimal symbol in Regional Settings. As soon the decimal symbol was restored, this issue was resolved.

1 comment:

Alex said...

I use ms excel for many years and had like issues some times. But only several weeks ago I probably found out a good determination as figure of a tool. It surprised me having managed all my troubles and proved all its capabilities for working out other difficult situations - view xlsx.